123 Magic & Emotion Coaching Term 1 2018
Specific dates from 20 Mar 2018 10:00 AM
A simple, easy to use program to manage difficult behaviour and improve your relationship with your child. The 1-2-3- Magic and Emotion Coaching program aims to teach parents and carers how to deal with their children's difficult behaviour. The primary target group for group programmes are parents of children aged 2 to 12 years. Fathers are encouraged to attend.
The 1-2-3- Magic program is based on a behavioural theoretical framework developed by Dr Thomas Phelan, a US-based clinical psychologist, and delivered by trained family support workers in three two-hour sessions.
The main aims of the program are:
- to teach parents the 1-2-3 Magic technique and how to implement it at home
- to increase children's ability to self manage
- to provide parents with skills to take action in difficult-to-manage parenting situations
- to give parents some clear thinking strategies which may help
- to learn how to choose the best strategy - do nothing, listen or act
- to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting - too much talk and too much emotion
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching is run from our premises at 62 Gunnedah Road and is free to attend.
For more information or to register your interest in attending, please call 02 6763 2333 or email email@example.com.