Services We Provide
Coledale Youth Project provides a range of services to benefit young people. Our youth services and programs are available to all young people who are aged between 12-17.
- One on one support for you, focused on the particular issues you have identified.
- Accredited parenting program Engaging Adolescents.
- Advice, referral and information.
- Homework Club.
- Hip Hop Program.
- Youth based programs to assist in engaging adolescents in education and employment.
What we believe...
Young people are our leaders of tomorrow. As we work with young people, we are guided by the following principles:
- All people have the right to participate in decision making about their lives, the services they receive and their community.
- All people must be treated with respect, honesty and empathy.
- Open, inclusive and socially just communities are vital to the wellbeing of our society.
We are committed to...
- Providing a respectful, safe and welcoming environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Providing services appropriate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in consultation with them and Aboriginal agencies.
- Respectfully learning from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, recognizing that this is a life long journey.
What to expect from us…
Our service is here for you and your family. You can expect to:
- Get prompt assistance from us
- Get clear information about what we can provide.
- Get assistance that is useful, and/or be referred to other services that will meet your needs.
- Be involved in decision making about the service you receive.
- Be invited to give us feedback about the value of our service.
- Have information about you and your family kept confidential.
- Be able to make complaints or suggestions freely.
Who We Can Assist…
Young people today are facing increasing pressure to fit in, succeed and find direction in their lives. However, social pressures and a lack of connectedness can make it difficult for young people to reach their full potential.
We are committed to helping young people to become purposeful, resourceful and strong members of the community, by encouraging them to develop the skills and knowledge they need to be resilient in the face of life’s challenges.
Our youth services and programs are available to all young people in the immediate Coledale area who are aged between 12-17.
Our ’Engaging Adolescents’ program is open to any interested parents or carers in the Coledale area.