Reconnect is an Early Intervention and Prevention Program aimed at supporting young people aged 12 to 18 years (12 to 21 years for recent migrants).
We work with young people across Inverell, Gunnedah, Narrabri and Armidale help develop skills to resolve conflict either at school, home or with peers. Our aim is to reduce:
- Low school attendance
- Fighting with mum, dad or siblings
We also provide support generally when things aren't going well.
What we offer
- Assistance with talking with young people about issues affecting their wellbeing
- Support to access specialist services such as family or counselling support.
- Assistance with school, career choices, and education
- A listening ear if you are feeling angry or scared
- Assistance to address mental health or drug and alcohol concerns
We understand that what young people bring up with a Reconnect Case Worker can be private information. We cannot share this information unless there is a concern for the young persons safety. If we do need to tell someone we will tell the young person first.
For additional support, contact Kids Helpline at 1800 551 800.
To make a referral for a young person, please check they meet eligibility requirements before contacting 1800 073 388. Our individual case work programs last up to four months or longer if needed.